pato

Guus Hiddink Issues Warning to Alexandre Pato

For a striker who is yet to touch a ball in a Chelsea shirt, the problems of Alexandre Pato have been aggravated yet again by the recent comments of interim Chelsea Manager Guus Hiddink.

Hiddink has warned the Brazilian that he is not guaranteed a first team place – even if he fully recovers from the injury that has kept him away from the Chelsea team thus far.

The 69-year-old Dutch Manager was talking to the press ahead of his side’s fixture against Southampton at the weekend.

Southampton are coming into this game in fine form and the Blues have to be at their very best in order to get 3-points at the St. Mary’s Stadium.

Talking about the injury woes of striker Alexandre Pato, Hiddink said:

“Pato has now to get his sharpness to be competitive with the youngsters we have, because we have three strikers available, plus Falcao who is injured,” Hiddink said.

In addition to indicating the depth in the strike department of the club, Hiddink provided one more reason that could keep Pato away from the Chelsea Starting XI.

“Diego [Costa] is doing his job very well and I’m rather satisfied with Traore’s performances in the games when he’s come in, especially being a youngster with no big international name. They have to compete for the positions.”

Clearly, with his new manager not outwardly showing confidence in him, Pato will have to be at his very best if he wants to stay at Chelsea beyond the 2015/16 season.

Read More

Man United’s Rooney Out For 2 Months with Injury

Wayne Rooney has picked up a knee injury which will rule him out for up to 8 weeks.

This will come as a huge blow to Manchester United and Louis Van Gaal who were no doubt hoping Rooney could help steer them into European qualification come the end of the season.

He will still have a part to play, however United’s immediate results will now be out of his hands.

Rooney began 2016 with a bang, scoring with a deft backheel answering his critics in the process, many of whom had been putting even more pressure than usual on the striker due to his inconsistent form.

Since then, Rooney has been a solid part of United’s backbone as their form his ebbed and flowed without finding any real consistency.

United have fallen off the European qualification pace of late as they’ve struggled to beat sides they really should be picking points up from.

Meanwhile the teams around them have maintained a consistent pace which may mean United miss out altogether this season.

Rooney’s injury may be even more concerning for England fans who will naturally worry about his match fitness ahead of Euro 2016.

By the time he returns, which is expected to be in April, the season will be entering it’s final few weeks and Rooney will likely be facing a race against time to be fit to play for his country.

Read More

Chelsea are disrespecting John Terry, Claims former Defender

Ahead of Tuesday’s Night’s encounter with the reigning Premier League Champions, former Chelsea defender David Luiz has slammed the treatment of John Terry by his former club.

The English defender is set to leave Chelsea after series of failed contract talks and Luiz claims that the London club has disrespected the legendary defender.

Terry announced in January that he will leave the Stamford Bridge at the end of this season.

It was expected that Chelsea would grant the defender with a 1-year contract extension but any such rumours have been proven to be false.

“John is probably Chelsea’s greatest ever player, the club need to show him some more respect,” Luiz said,

“He has been clear that he wants to stay at the club, and they are making him wait for an answer.”

Terry will miss the all-important Champions League encounter for Chelsea on Tuesday.

He suffered a hamstring injury during the weekend and has been ruled out of this particular fixture.

After Terry announced that he won’t be renewing his contract with the Blues, Chelsea were bombarded with criticism from a large portion of their fans.

The club responded by saying that the “channels of dialogue” were still open.

However, according to Luiz who played in the Chelsea side that lifted the Champions League in 2012, Chelsea should never have allowed Terry to leave in the first place.

“I am confused why John hasn’t been offered a new contract. He is still the best central defender at the club and one of the best in England, there should be no question about him being offered another a year.

“I really don’t know what to say, the whole situation has confused me. I think it’s obvious to everybody he deserves an extension.”

Read More

Watford sign Suarez from Fiorentina

In what could be a turn out to be a fantastic piece of business, Premier League newcomers Watford have signed Mario Suarez from Fiorentina.

The 3-cap Spanish international joins Watford on a four and a half year deal and while the transfer fee hasn’t been disclosed, Quique Sanchez Flores will be pleased to secure someone with the pedigree of Suarez who has spent the majority of his career at major clubs including Mallorca, Atletico Madrid and Fiorentina.

Suarez has been heavily linked with a number of Premier League giants in recent weeks but not many anticipated Watford to complete the deal before anyone else.

After completing his move from Atletico Madrid to Fiorentina last summer, Suarez’ time in Serie A has been nothing short of a disappointment.

In his first 6 months with the Italian Club, he made just 5 starts in Serie A and he can’t have been anticipating such little time on the pitch.

Meaning that when Watford came knocking, Suarez wasted no time in deciding to reunite with his former boss.

(Current Watford Boss Quique Sanchez Flores managed Suarez in his time at Atletico Madrid before leaving the job).

Talking to the club’s official website, this is what Mario Suarez has had to say regarding his move to Watford:

“I am very excited with the project of the club, to be trained again by Quique and to start playing for Watford. I am very happy to be here because it is a dream come true to play in the Premier League.”

Read More

Gary Cahill

Roma Plot January Move for Unsettled Chelsea Defender

According to latest reports from various media outlets, Chelsea defender Gary Cahill is on the radar of Roma as the transfer window draws to a close.

After the English defender expressed his frustration at the lack of game time under Guus Hiddink (he is yet to make a Premier League appearance in 2016), Cahill has been linked with a number of clubs ranging from both Premier League and abroad in the last few days.

Remember Cahill was an integral part of Jose Mourinho’s first team but ever since Jose was axed, Cahill has been seen warming the bench more often than not.

Liverpool were the first club to be linked with Cahill and now an Italian suitor has reportedly entered the frame to secure Cahill’s services.

That club is said to be AS Roma and they look set to firm up their interest with an offer for the defender before the January window slams shut.

Roma currently sit 5th in the Serie A standings and are eager to add to their backline.

It remains to be seen whether Spaletti will move for Cahill. It’s unlikely Chelsea would allow Cahill to leave on the cheap with him signing a new deal only recently.

Then again, this is the January transfer window and literally anything can happen.

Read More